Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Blue Hill, Maine

A few weeks ago, Christopher and I did our cake-tasting. We were only about fifteen minutes from Blue Hill, so we decided to take a little side trip.


For those of you who do not hear me talk about this three million times a day, my thesis topic is on Jonathan Fisher of Blue Hill. I have been to Blue Hill numerous times, however Christopher had never visited the little seaside town.

If you are in Blue Hill, I would highly recommend visiting the Jonathan Fisher house. It was closed when we were there, but it is definitely worth the visit. Fisher was a fascinating man. For more information, check out this website.



We also visited the Old Cemetery on Union Road. This is where Fisher is buried as well as most of his contemporaries. This was an amazing experience. I felt as if I personally knew each and every person buried there. It was as if I was visiting friends.




We ended our day trip with a tour around the peninsula. We stopped at a bridge near Conway Cove to check out an insane current.



It was a lovely day. Nothing beats a Maine seaside town in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment