Margarita Chicken- Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
Yields 4 Servings
- zest of 1 lime + juice of 4 limes
- zest of 1 orange + juice of 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup tequila (I used rum because that is what I had on hand. Still delicious)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey (I opted for two teaspoons of sugar instead)
- 3 crushed garlic cloves (I used garlic scapes from the farmer's market)
- As much salt and pepper as your little heart desires
- 4 small chicken breasts
- Combine ingredients from lime zest to salt and pepper in a large bowl or ziplock bag then mix well. Add chicken breasts then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours. (I would honestly let it marinate no more than two hours. Any longer and you might as well just eat a lime).
- Grill or saute over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes a side, or until cooked through
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil (I used olive oil because I am a rebel)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (this is not super necessary)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Bring water, oil, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice, place a lid on top, then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir to fluff then add lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Directions are for one drink. Add accordingly.
- 2 ounces light rum (or more. I won't judge)
- 12 mint leaves (or more. It's your life, you make it as minty as you want to)
- 0.5 ounces lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of simple syrup
- Crushed Ice
- Club soda
- In a highball glass, muddle 12 mint leaves with 1 tbsp simple syrup and .5 oz lime juice. Add 2 oz rum and nearly fill the glass with crushed ice. Finish the rest of the glass with club soda. Garnish with mint or lime if you are feeling fancy. I was.