Sunday, August 9, 2015
My Top 10 Travel Hacks
1. Make copies of all of your important documents.
Have a set of copies in your suitcase. If your purse/wallet/fanny pack/whatever is stolen you will still have copies of all your identification.
2. Keep an extra pair of clothes and other necessities in your carry-on just in case.
You never know if your luggage will be lost or if you will be stranded in a random city. If you have some extra clothes and a few toiletries, you will be far less inconvenienced.
3. Bring your own water bottle.
Airports are expensive. Bring your own empty water bottle and fill up once you are past security.
4. Hit up the Dollar Tree or other dollar store for travel-sized toiletries.
Places like Target charge an arm and a leg for tiny bottles of shampoo. Go to the Dollar Tree or other dollar store first. They even carry clear bottle travel sets.
5. Use a potholder to store your hot tools.
Waiting for your flat iron to cool before packing is annoying. Go to the Dollar Tree, pick up a pack of potholders and sew them in half. You will never have that problem again. Here is a good tutorial.
6. Use an old medicine bottle to store bobby pins.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a woman looking for a bobby pin will never be able to find one. Use an old medicine bottle to stop this problem. This is a great tutorial. I personally covered an old bottle in Dollar Tree washi tape.
7. Use Dollar Tree containers to store items like cotton swabs.
The Dollar Tree is great for containers. I bought a pack of two containers that were originally meant for lunches and use them to store my cotton swabs and cotton rounds instead. Works like a charm! I also use these containers to store bracelets.
8. Use a make-up sponge or wedge to store earrings.
Never lose or tangle up your earrings again! Make-up wedges are awesome for storing earrings.
9. Bring extra baggies.
I always bring a trash bag or cheap laundry bag for storing dirty clothes and extra plastic baggies just in case something starts to leak or breaks.
10. Use a daily pill case to store medicines.
Use a cheap daily pill case to store pain relievers, allergy medicines and anything else you can think of. You won't need to bring a huge bottle of medicine and you will save money by not buying travel sizes.
I hope you found this list helpful! Please let me know if you would be interested in additional travel (or other) hacks.