A local radio station recently posted a Bangor Bucket List and personally I did not care for it. It was one of those articles you could tell had been inspired by some local sponsors. I decided to create my own bucket list for the Bangor area. Enjoy!
1. Stalk Stephen King: Ok, don't literally stalk him, but do go take a peak at his house on Broadway! Whenever we have visitors we always make sure to drive by his super cool house.
2. Say hi to Paul Bunyan: If you drive down Main Street, you will not be able to miss the giant Paul Bunyan in front of the Cross Insurance Center. Go take a picture with this larger-than-life statue.
|Image courtesy of wikipedia.com|
3. Attend the American Folk Festival at least once: Bangor hosts the American Folk Festival the last weekend in August every year. Even if you are not a huge folk music fan, this is an event that takes over the city for a few days and is worth checking out.
4. Get your breakfast at Dysart's: It is the ultimate truck-stop diner. What more do you need to know?
|Image courtesy of www.dysarts.com|
5. Grab a bite of lunch with the Friar's: The friars of St. Elizabeth Monastery run a bake-shop in downtown Bangor full of huge, delicious portions. They do not have a website, but they do have a active Facebook page.
6. Say hello to the Duck of Justice: Bangor has a incredibly popular police department Facebook with the Duck of Justice as their mascot. They are known for having a great sense of humor and a huge number of followers. The Washington Post , the Huffington Post, even BuzzFeed have all commented on their popularity and success. Go say hi! This is one friendly bunch.
|Image courtesy of the Bangor Daily News|