Friday, February 1, 2013

Hello February!



Hello February! I am rather excited that the month of January is over. January this year felt particularly long and drawn-out. I am excited for Valentine’s Day and hopefully to go on another adventure. I would love to visit Castine (Valentine’s date perhaps?) I will also be visiting my family again mid-March! Plus it means the coldest month of the year is out of the way!

The last few weeks of January were filled with work and school. I have been eyes deep in reading and Christopher has been working quite often. For those of you who do not know, this was my first month working at Staples. I started out as a cashier and have now moved on over to Copy and Print Center.

Christopher and I experimented with some new recipes such as Beef and Barley Stew, Mongolian Beef, and Homemade Gyros. I think I have finally perfected the Mongolian beef recipe so I shall post that one soon. I am still tinkering with the Beef and Barley Stew and Homemade Gyros. Christopher also made this fantastic French Toast from leftover Italian bread. Seriously, it was so good. 


Monday was a particularly rough day for me. I was not feeling well and had a rough shift at work. This fabulously ridiculous card arrived in the mail and made me crack up. I love my best friend. 
   

Then on Wednesday Christopher brought me these lovely flowers! I am quite spoiled.


Now for some big news! Christopher and I are officially getting married this summer! We are still fixing a date but it will either be August 10th or 17th. Mark it in your calendars! We are incredibly excited to begin this next leg in our journey and cannot wait to get planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment