Monday, April 22, 2013

A Quick Trip to the Sea


This past weekend I attended a lecture series at the Farnsworth Art Museum in Rockland, Maine. Rockland is about fifteen minutes away from the popular vacation spot of Camden and roughly a hour and a half from Bangor. The lecture series was about the subject of my thesis, the works of Rev. Jonathan Fisher. He is mostly famous for his gorgeous oil painting, A View of Blue Hill Village (which you can view here). I  was personally more drawn to his books and woodcuts.






After the lecture series, I drove as fast as I could to the nearest beach. I was still wearing my pencil skirt and blazer! The weather was hardly warm, but it was so refreshing to smell the sea air, let the breeze run through my hair and dip my toes in the sand. I have missed the ocean so much.











 Sunday was spent watching Dr. Who and eating way too much junk food with a good friend. How did you spend this gorgeous spring weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment