Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Cascade Park


Cascade Park is less than a five minute drive from my apartment. It is easily the most popular park in the city and features a lighted fountain as well as a twenty foot waterfall.


 As usual Christopher, Freckles and I searched for the road less traveled and found a path leading to a gorgeous field behind the Darthea Dix Center.



This little slice of scenery reminded me of the Santa Rosa Ecological Reserve and made me very homesick. I love the Maine landscape more than I could ever possibly express, but sometimes I miss the fields and hills of Southern California. Sometimes I miss them terribly.


Although the park was beautiful I would like to remind you that since it is by a main road and across the street from the hospital, you can often run into some rather questionable characters. As long as you stay aware however, this is a lovely place to visit.

P.S. Doesn't the Darthea Dix Center in the above picture kind of look like Xavier's School of Gifted Youngsters from X-Men? 

No comments:

Post a Comment