Sunday, November 2, 2014

Shipping Up to Boston

Christopher had never had a chance to visit Boston, so this city was definitely on our go-to list. The weather and our lack of time limited what we could do and see, nevertheless we had a good time.

Our first stop in Boston was the North End. I have a particular attachment to the North End, because my great, great-grandmother once lived there.



Paul Revere's House was a must see. Pro-tip: This site is cash-only. Be prepared.


We also visited Mike's Pastries. Oh, Mike's Pastries. This is what Italian dessert dreams are made of. I have wanted to return here after I first visited ten years ago. TEN YEARS. That is how long the memories of their cannolis have lasted me. Another Pro-tip: If you ever want to earn brownie points with me, bring me a cannoli. Or ice cream. Or dark chocolate. I am not picky.


We could not go to Boston without visiting Quincey Market. This place is intense and rather overwhelming. There was a two-story store of just Christmas ornaments.


We ended our time in Boston with a few stops along the Freedom Trail. Many of the Freedom Trail tours and museums are on the pricy side, so we contented ourselves with taking pictures of the outside of buildings and exploring the Granary Burial Ground.



A proper Boston weekend is definitely in the works. Perhaps our one year anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment