Monday, August 13, 2012

An Introduction


Welcome to my blog, California Transplant! My name is Brittany and I am starting this blog to record my various adventures as I move from my native Southern California to Northern Maine. I will be attending graduate school in Maine to research American colonial history and therefore wanted to share my experiences with my family, friends, and potential new readers!

For those of you who know me well, you might ask, why have you not started a blog before? I love reading, writing, and sharing my opinions- a blog would be very natural for me, would it not? First, because I was working two jobs and a full-time undergraduate student, I honestly had no spare time to start a blog. Second, I think when blogging first became a sensation it had a rather poor reputation. Unless you were an absolutely brilliant writer, bloggers were stereotypically self-important, thick-rimmed glasses-wearing coffee house patrons who had nothing better to do than fill the Internet with their musings (Please note I have nothing against glasses. I wear them myself). Whether this was true or not, it was the stereotype, and one I wanted I to avoid. However as blogging became more popular and current blogs have come to reflect a variety of topics and personalities, I think it is high-time I started one myself. Yes, you read that correctly. I am being trendy and jumping on the band-wagon.

Once again, welcome to my blog! I look forward to posting in the future and hearing your comments. I promise to update you very soon. Until then- adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment