Monday, November 5, 2012

A Belated Halloween Post



I am sorry this post is rather late. I know everyone’s minds are now on Christmas, but hey, it’s never too late for Halloween, right? Right? Anyone?!?

Christopher worked on Halloween. It was also the day of one of my presentations, so we were unable to celebrate much.  We carved Jack-O’-Lanterns in the morning, decorated our front window and ate cinnamon doughnuts with apple juice. I also attempted to bake a “pumpkin” cake aka a regular cake decorated like a pumpkin. Mine looked horrible, but it still tasted good.  It is tradition in my family and made me think a lot of my mom. I love you Mom!

We ended the evening eating pot stickers and reading The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving by the light of our spiced pumpkin candle. I first read the tale about ten years ago and make a point of reading it at least once (often more) every October. The story is more funny than spooky, but his descriptions of an autumn in New York are absolutely wonderful. I love all of works of Washington Irving.


Despite our relative lack of festivities, we did dress up in costume! Christopher was Waldo and I was Mary Poppins! A least our outfits were festive. 

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment