Monday, November 5, 2012

The City Girl Goes to the Country

I am sorry for my sporadic posts! I have been to several interesting places in the last two weeks, but I also had two research papers to write and two presentations.  Life will be quite a bit calmer this week.
The weekend before Halloween Christopher and I searched for a pumpkin patch. We found Treworgy Farms in Levant, about twenty minutes away from our house.


There is no other way to explain the afternoon except as magical. The arrived just before dusk, the weather was gorgeous and the scenery was divine. It was everything an autumn afternoon should be. 

We raced around a corn maze and got free ice cream for our efforts. 



We picked out pumpkins, many of which were still on the vine.   



We explored the little farm which contained several horses, a few tractors and an apple orchard. We befriended the very sweet family who has worked there for fifteen years. We went home with half a peck of apples, two perfect pumpkins, an apple cider doughnut and a little present for my family. I hope to be able to visit the farm again, which is working on being open all year.  It was a wonderful, wonderful afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment