Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Week Before the Wedding

The week before our wedding was incredibly busy, a little stressful and completely and utterly wonderful. Christopher's family arrived in Maine Friday afternoon, however my family arrived Tuesday evening and my grandparents arrived Thursday evening.  Besides getting ready for the wedding, we were able to sneak in a little sight-seeing.

On Wednesday I introduced my family to Sea Dogs Brewery. After lunch we drove to Bucksport and explored some of my favorite locations- the Penobscot Narrows Observatory, Fort Knox and Buck's Cemetery. We also visited Blue Hill and I shared with them the home and grave of the Rev. Jonathan Fisher, my thesis topic.


On Thursday my family came with my to my university. After I gave a review session for a midterm, we took a hike at Gould's Landing by Pushaw Lake. This is where Christopher and I took our engagement photos last year.



On Friday my grandparents joined us for apple and pumpkin-picking at Treworgy Farms. Everyone loved it and we were able to get some supplies for the wedding. For more information about the farm, check out my previous blogs here, here and here.



Many of these locations are not new to the blog, but are certainly some of my favorite and definitely worth sharing with my family. Stay tuned for posts about our honeymoon and wedding. We have not received our finished wedding photos yet, so the honeymoon posts will probably come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment