Saturday, September 1, 2012

North of the Mason-Dixon Line


 We were lost. Very, very lost. One moment we were in Philadelphia and then BAM! Suddenly all the license plates were from New Jersey. I will never be entirely sure how we got there, but a great deal of last Monday was spent navigating through New Jersey. I will not say much about the state except that every rumor, stereotype and story you have ever heard about New Jersey is true. So, so unbelievably true.

I can also not truly comment on my impressions of New York. The I-95 just barely passes through state and what little you do see is of the Bronx and the hectic freeways. I will therefore reserve any judgment until I have had the chance to properly visit the state and the emblematic New York City.

Connecticut and Rhode Island are two incredibly small but beautiful states. The cities of New Haven and Providence would be fun to explore and I hope to be able to visit them again. The freeways themselves pass along some very lovely forests and rivers, overall creating quite a pleasant drive.
Our evening ended in Massachusetts. We ate at a unique diner in Middleboro, MA where Christopher had his first bowl of New England clam chowder. We called it an early night and prepared for the last leg of our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment